National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations
What is the NFTMO?
The National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations (NFTMO) is a national voluntary membership organisation. Their main purpose is to facilitate networking and support for TMOs in England and to promote community control as an option within regeneration initiatives and in areas of greatest need.
The NFTMO was founded in 1992 and now has over 130 TMOs in membership. They have an executive committee that includes 21 community representatives from all parts of the country. The Federation employs one part time paid co-ordinator but otherwise all of the Federations work depends on voluntary effort.
They provide a range of services. For example :-
- Promote and facilitate the exchange of experience and ideas between tenant management organisations and like-minded community initiatives.
- Identify and share examples of good practice and excellence, sometimes through good practice guides and publications.
- Provide this web-site
- Publish and distribute 3,000 free copies of a TMO magazine.
- Organise regional networking events and a national conference
- Administer a TMO Benchmarking Network that enables TMOs to compare their own effectiveness with other communities and to learn from those who are getting better results.
- Administer the TMO Good Governance Kite Mark
- Promote and provide training through an annual programme of events
Windsor Albion Co-operative are proud to be part of the organisation. June 2015 we attended a weekend of Workshops which in turn help us to give the residents of the Co-operative a better service.